Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Flat

I've decided that I should probably start keeping a dictionary comparing British English to American English, starting with the fact that my apartment is called a "flat". It's quite a cozy one as far as they go. I'm not sure if I'm just getting over the jetlag, but I've actually been sleeping surprisingly well since I got here.

The kitchen especially has gotten quite a bit of use lately as we start to cook for ourselves. Last night after dinner, we baked cookies, which was particularly difficult considering we didn't have a hand mixer. Side note - today we bought a hand mixer. Today was my turn to make dinner, so I took this recipe, replaced the bacon with peppers and broccoli, and voila! Dinner was a smashing success. Side note to anyone who ever doubted my cooking abilities - ha!

Earlier this afternoon, I had the first chance to visit the school I'll be working in. Unfortunately, my supervising teacher was out sick, but the secretary was kind enough to show me where I'll be working and explain the process of signing in and such. I didn't get lost on my way there, luckily, but I managed to get turned around a bit on the way back. 

Pictures will be up this weekend after my field trip to Stonehenge.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment